Sunday, 3 November 2013

Happy mess

This is what I saw when I walked into the bathroom after Lizzie and her friends had set off trick-or-treating...



(I had to take the photos the next day to get the light).  It wasn't just the girls - the bath was full of David's stinky wet fishing kit...


I'm really not giving the full picture with just these photos; between them the kids and their friends had covered every single surface with make-up, discarded underwear and curling irons.  Oh, and the fisherman had somehow bought some live slugs into the house, which we kept finding for the rest of the evening.

This happy mess is so different from the depressing mess which builds up when I'm working full-time and spending my evenings and weekends looking for another contract!  It's all part of this...


One broken doll, one little devil and one dead princess, all ready to go!  (Why the white school socks)?

Look at this makeup...


and I always call Lizzie my 'angel-girl'...


We had a little party to get some pizza and crisps into them so that it wasn't just sweets for their tea...


They even cleaned up the bathroom for me, and it only took them 48 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This is Erin from Foxy Pink Cheetah. I FINALLY just got around to starting a new blog and am excited to start writing again. It's not much but hopefully it will be. http://judytah.wordpress.com/ Here is the link as promised :)

    ReplyDelete